Home  William's Answers for Immigration and Visa Questions  |  Google+  Facebook  Twitter
How to Apply for H-1B Status Transfer to Another Employer

Hi William:

I am in H-1B status, and now I have a better job offer to work for another employer. How to apply for the H-1B status transfer to another employer, and when I can work for the new employer?


To apply for a transfer of your existing H-1B status, your new employer must file a petition on Form I-129, "Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker," with United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). 

As soon as this form has been filed to USCIS, and your new employer has gotten the USCIS receipt notice to prove it, you can start your new job, without waiting for USCIS approval. 

Questions & Answers for Green Card Application
EB1 Extraordinary Ability (EB-1A)
EB1 Outstanding Professor / Researcher (EB-1B)
EB1 Multinational Executive or Manager (EB-1C)
EB2 National Interest Waiver (NIW)
Form I-485 Adjustment of Status
PERM Labor Certification
Form I-140 Application after Labor Certification
Request For Evidence (RFE) for EB1, NIW, L1 Visa
Questions & Answers for Working Visa Application
J-1 Waiver of 2-Year Home Residence
H-1B Visa Application or Extension
O-1 Visa Application or Extension
L-1 Visa Application or Extension
P-1, P-2, P-3 Visa Application or Extension
William's Answers for Immigration Questions
Home Page

For All Your Immigration and Green Card Application Needs
EB-1A sample of reference letter graphic © Green Card Application Service, www.greencardapply.com