Home  William's Answers for Immigration and Visa Questions  |  Google+  Facebook  Twitter
Labor Certification, EB1-Extraordinary Ability, How to Prepare Reference Letters

Hi William:

My employer started my Green Card application in the PERM Labor Certification 2 years ago. Due to the years of waiting immigration number for PERM Labor Certification based Green Card application, I want to start my process in the EB1-Extraordinary Ability. Is it possible for have 2 Green Card applications in PERM and EB1-EA? 

Also, I just start to prepare the reference letters for EB1-Extraordinary Ability application. What do  I need to know for how to prepare the reference letters? Thank you.


For many researchers, scientist, and engineers, the EB1-Extraordinary Ability petition is an excellent alternative to Labor Certification Green Card application, because it is much faster, and does not need to wait years for immigration visa number. Some applicants initiated both Green Card application processes, and then if an EB1-Extraordinary Ability is approved, they will drop the Labor Certification based application.

For the reference letters for EB1-Extraordinary Ability application, the worst thing is to obtain several reference letters which are all look same and may have the same repeated grammatical errors. The USCIS examiners will believe that these letters were actually prepared by the applicant, rather than by the actual referees. Rather, it is suggested to begin with a draft reference letter, and then discuss it with your referees by giving them general instructions. 


Questions & Answers for Green Card Application
EB1 Extraordinary Ability (EB-1A)
EB1 Outstanding Professor / Researcher (EB-1B)
EB1 Multinational Executive or Manager (EB-1C)
EB2 National Interest Waiver (NIW)
Form I-485 Adjustment of Status
PERM Labor Certification
Form I-140 Application after Labor Certification
Request For Evidence (RFE) for EB1, NIW, L1 Visa
Questions & Answers for Working Visa Application
J-1 Waiver of 2-Year Home Residence
H-1B Visa Application or Extension
O-1 Visa Application or Extension
L-1 Visa Application or Extension
P-1, P-2, P-3 Visa Application or Extension
William's Answers for Immigration Questions
Home Page

For All Your Immigration and Green Card Application Needs
EB-1A sample of reference letter graphic © Green Card Application Service, www.greencardapply.com