Home  William's Answers for Immigration and Visa Questions  |  Google+  Facebook  Twitter
The Current Application Fees for Form I-485, Form I-765, and Form I-131?

Hi William:

I want to apply for Form I-485 for me and my family members, after my I-140 approval. What re the current application fees for Form I-485, Form I-765, and Form I-131?


Currently, the filing fee for Form I-485 is $1,010 ($930 plus a biometrics fee of $80). the filing fee for Form I-765 (application for employment authorization) is $340; and the filing fee for Form I-131 (application for advance parole) is $303.

Please note that, if you filed Form I-485 to adjust your status as a permanent resident and paid I-1485 application fee, then there is NO additional fee is required to also file an application for employment authorization on Form I-765 and/or advance parole on Form I-131. You may file these forms concurrently. 

If you choose to file the I-765 and/or I-131 separately, you must also submit a copy of your I-797C, Notice of Action, receipt as evidence of the filing of an I-485. Applicants 79 years of age or older are not charged a biometric fee; the fee total is $930.  For applicants under 14 years of age:

1) Filing with the I-485 application of at least one parent have a fee total of $600; 

2) Not filing with the I-485 application of at least one parent have a fee total of $930.

There is no fee for applicants who are filing Form I-485 based on having been admitted to the United States as a refugee.
Checks must be made payable to Department of Homeland Security or U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.


Questions & Answers for Green Card Application
EB1 Extraordinary Ability (EB-1A)
EB1 Outstanding Professor / Researcher (EB-1B)
EB1 Multinational Executive or Manager (EB-1C)
EB2 National Interest Waiver (NIW)
Form I-485 Adjustment of Status
PERM Labor Certification
Form I-140 Application after Labor Certification
Request For Evidence (RFE) for EB1, NIW, L1 Visa
Questions & Answers for Working Visa Application
J-1 Waiver of 2-Year Home Residence
H-1B Visa Application or Extension
O-1 Visa Application or Extension
L-1 Visa Application or Extension
P-1, P-2, P-3 Visa Application or Extension
William's Answers for Immigration Questions
Home Page

For All Your Immigration and Green Card Application Needs
EB-1A sample of reference letter graphic © Green Card Application Service, www.greencardapply.com