Home  Do-It-Yourself Packages and Customer's Testimonials  |  Facebook  Twitter

Year 2009 - Selected Emails from Users for
Questions and Comments on Our Services and Packages

***** Email from Limin on 12/26/2009

Dear William,

Firstly thank you for your excellent views on the www.greencardapply.com website. Your website about green card application is very informative and helpful. 

I am in the process of trying to figure out which route I should take to apply for a Green Card for myself and my fiancee (we plan to marry in the near future) as my dependent. 

I'm on OPT with a valid F-1 status working as a PosDoc and will hop onto the H1-B visa shortly. I was looking into applying for a Green Card either through the EB1-EA or EB2 exceptional ability along with NIW with your Do-It-Yourself packages. I am attaching my CV for your perusal. I am a bit confused about my options and what they mean. 

Is it true that I can apply for I-140, I-485 and EAD/Advance parole all at the same time in parallel? I looked at the USCIS website for processing times and it appears all categories of I-140 are processed with a processing time of 4 months as of today (for Vermont and Texas centers). Also, based on my CV would you recommend that I apply for EB1-EA which is understand is harder to qualify for or for EB2 with NIW and what are the pros and cons of either option? I hope you would be able to answer my queries.

Thanks a lot in advance for your answer.

***** Email from Buddavarapu on 12/12/2009


I have just finished browsing your wonderful and extremely helpful website about EB1-Extraordinary Ability, and I am interested in ordering "Complete Do-It-Yourself Package for EB1-EA". However, I am still not quite sure whether I qualify. The attached is my Resume. If you could provide me with your opinion I would be extremely grateful.

After graduation, I worked for 3 different book companies as a work-for-hire author and wrote 8 books and several screenplays, and would now like to continue working in the field of novel and screenplay writing in Los Angeles for a variety of different publishing companies and Motion-Picture companies. 

I have documentary proof of all of the above, including letters of recommendation from all of my employers. Do you think I could qualify for EB1-Extraordinary Ability? Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Yours Sincerely,

***** Email from Ping on 12/8/2009

Dear Sir:

My husband is planning to apply for green card this year using your Do-It-Yourself package (EB-1, extraordinary ability), and we had some questions regarding the same. He is a PhD student in US, and will be graduating next year July. We might be moving out of the country for job and would like to start the process before leaving. I would like to know:- Can a person apply for green card while he/she is a PhD student. If so then which type of green card would be the best to apply.

Can a person move out of US after applying for green card? If yes, then what is the procedure? Can a person apply for green card from outside US? If yes, then what is the procedure?

Any advice would be really appreciated. Many thanks.

***** Email from Bharathi on 11/23/2009


Your web site is very helpful in regard to my questions about immigration matters. I'd like to brief you my case of PR in US and seek further advise. I'm Indian citizen and working as Plant Pathologist. I'm PhD in 1999 and have decade of work experience supported by almost fifty publications, member of scientific societies, and recipient of couple of awards such a scientist.

I want to submit my I-140 petition myself and through help of your Do-It-Yourself package of NIW. My question are: 1. How many steps and what is next step towards my PR status? How much time it may take to get green card? My son is US citizen and we all have B1/B2 visa until 2015. 

Thank you for your time and valuable advise.

***** Email from Putrevu on 11/15/2009

Customer Service,

I really appreciate your web and your work. Thanks for the information. It was really helpful.

I am a resident physician on H1-B visa. My residency is 4 years long, and my H1-B status started in July 2008. I plan to apply for a 3 year fellowship after completing 4 years of my combined-internal medicine-geriatrics residency. Will I be eligible for extension of H-1B if I get in a fellowship ( as I would not be hired by a prospective employer in first year of my fellowship, I probably cant apply for employer based green card)?

Also, I have about 6 research publications in peer reviewed journals and a book chapter in press; If I apply for EB-1-extraordinary ability category with the help of your DIY package during my 4 or 5 year of H1-B, will that grant me H-1 B extension( pending EB-1 processing) as I complete 6 years of H1B status?


***** Email from Jiyeon on 11/2/2009

Dear Sir,

I recently visited your very helpful web site and was very impressed by the comments left by the individuals.  I will purchase the package of H-1B soon.

I am OPT right now. I am working for a company which I worked for before my masters, after my Masters in Engineering and Management (which comes in STEP program) they hired me here in United States. They initially planned to be e-verified but have put that off for a while, which doesn’t help me to get the OPT extension. They are ready to file for my H1B, but I am scared what if it doesn’t get through the lottery.

Is there still a way where I can get OPT extension? They are ready to do whatever they can to keep me employed with them; hence, they also decided to file a petition for me to get a green card. Is there a possibility to work during the process of getting a green card? From what I understand it takes really long to get one. 

Can I apply for both H1b and Green Card at the same time? What are the ways that I can think to keep myself legally employed in US? Am I eligible for L1 as I worked for same company in India before my masters and have not joined any other company after that but joined the same after my masters? 

Appreciate your help.

***** Email from Nitin on 10/29/2009

Dear William,

It is a great piece of information to me. Thanks a lot for your reply. I got L1 visa approval for 3 years. However, my L1 visa should be renewed every year from the American Embassy abroad. My company filed I-140/I-485. So I had Advance Parole. I did not renew my L1 visa which expired in July 2009. Last time I entered the US with an advance parole that expires March 2009 and my L1 visa was already expired in July 2009. I got a new AP valid till January 2011. However, a week later I received I-140 denial on Oct. 20, 2009.

Question: is my status legal to stay in US? if yes, till when? can I move outside and inside the US?

Thank you.

***** Email from Deshpande on 10/16/2009


I have found your great site occasionally when searching the web for the J-1 VISA. I read carefully the FAQ list.

I have been offered a post-doc position at the NIH. I am planning to come to the US with my husband and two children (11 and 3.5). I suppose that I am subject to the 212(e) requirement. I am from Israel and my home country does not pay anything for me during post-doc. But, as far as I understand, even if my home country agrees to give me a "no-objection" letter, it won't be enough to get a waiver. I don't necessarily think to stay at the US, but it may happen that I will find my next job in other country, say Canada. (It is almost impossible to find a job for me in Israel). 

My question is: will the requirement 212(e) apply for my two children during all their life, until they don't spend 2 years in Israel or get a waiver? Or it applies only for me and my husband? 

Many thanks in advance. 

***** Email from Kaushal on 10/8/2009

Hello William,

First, thank you so much for your prompt reply to my question. I am planning on purchasing your J1 waiver DIY package.

I currently hold a J-1 visa and work for NIH. Under my given non-immigrant status, can I apply for I-140 under EB1-EA myself? I have 7 first authorship publications which are well cited, have been awarded travel fellowships by science societies, and have peer reviewed for a leading journal. Would you recommend me to apply for I-140 now?

Also, NIH has issued this guideline to it's employees not allowing them to write recommendation letters for workers to another federal agency, so i do not expect any letter of recommendation from my current advisor. How can I get around this problem? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Your website is very helpful.

Best regards.

***** Email from Haibo on 9/28/2009

Customer Service,

My PERM has been approved with the help of your very powerful Do-It-Yourself package, thank you so much.

I am working for a small consulting firm in the area of nuclear energy business. Currently I am in the middle of filing I-140 (not filing yet, got approved with labor certificate) through PERM with the great help of your DIY package. The process is unusually slow.

Attached is my resume. I wonder if I am in a good position to try EB1B. I appreciate if you can give me your comments. Thank you very much again!

***** Email from Jenu on 9/17/2009

Hi Sir,

Thank you for excellent your EB1-OR package. I found very useful samples and tips in it. I am preparing to file for my green card application by using the outstanding researcher category. if everything is going well, then I should apply for I-140 and I-485 within this year. 

Here I have a simple question: In part 6 of I-140, the item #9 asks for "wages per week", but my salary at University is stated in "wages per year". Do I have to convert "wages per year" into "wages per week"? Thank you so much.

***** Email from Suparna on 9/6/2009


I am glad to find your superior website for getting green card in U.S.. I plan to apply for getting green card. I am looking for the best way to save time. Please give me some comment about my case.

I am from India, and I am currently working as a Research Associate on H1B visa in an University's Health Science Center at San Antonio, I would like to apply for Green Card, I have a Master's in Biotechnology from University of Texas, I wanted to know if I can apply for Green Card in NIW, because somebody told me that it is easy to apply for a Green Card if you have a PhD, rather than a MS? I am attaching my resume for your review.

Thank you very much.

***** Email from Soon on 8/26/2009


Thanks for the information you have published in your website. It is clear and easy to understand. I've got a couple of question and hope you can help me. I want to order the "Complete Do-It-Yourself Package for EB1 Multinational Executive or Manager (EB-1C) Green Card Petition"

I have worked for ten years with a medium size multinational company in Latin America. The last four years I was in a managerial position reporting directiy to the CEO. I stopped 1.5 years ago working to study a masters program in the US. I'm about to finish my masters and my former employer has a offered me a job in the US to help their operations to growth. 

The questions are: Should the apply for a EB-1C green card? The fact that I stopped working for them 1.5 years to study affect the EB1 application. What happen to the Green Card status if I stop working for that company some day?


***** Email from Hossein on 8/17/2009


Thank you so much for your reply. I understand the green card application process much better now. I emailed before on my friend's recommendation few months back. To give a brief background about myself again, and I am an Electrical/Software Engineer in DC at FDA (Food and Drug Administration) Federal Government. 

Now, although I was hired by my department for a civil service position, I am a Canadian citizen. So I have to get my TN1 renewed every year, which I find really annoying. I have a Bachelors in Electrical Engineering (from Canadian University on Scholarship) where I specialized in Software/Systems development. 

After graduation I worked for almost 4 years in Biomedical/Biotechnology field, where I was the lead Systems Engineer designing software in compliance with FDA software regulation. 

Now, I will be finishing up MBA soon,and would like to see what is the best course of action to obtain my green card. Is it EB2 NIW, EB1, etc?. Should I start gathering my references and when can I apply. Please let me know. 


***** Email from Lado on 8/9/2009

Dear Dr William:

Thanks for all the informative answers you provide. I received RFE for the national interest waiver. I will send my check today to order the package for REF for the National Interest Waiver.

When I applied for the NIW, I was searching a job. It has been passed about 2 years since my application of I-140. Right now I am working as a faculty member at a university. The school has ranked as the 15th in our discipline and as the 3rd in more narrowed discipline. 

My salary increased last year considerably (10.5%: the highest increase among assistant professors at our school). Do I have to write about this? Or I should not write about this because it is not related to national level interest? 

We have serious nursing faculty shortage and nurse shortage right now. However, I saw in your web-site that we should not emphasize the shortage. So I am wondering whether I should not mention it at all; or can I say that I am a qualified faculty member prepared more than average other faculty members (because I have postdoctoral training what many of the faculty members do not have so that I prepared as a researcher and teacher well; 

I demonstrate my ability as a researcher through publications and presentations and receiving grants---this is very important to develop new knowledge; I also have 7 year clinical experience, even though it was in my country), so I can considerably contribute to educating nursing students?

Thank you so much for your consideration. 

***** Email from Michele on 7/22/2009

Dear Customer Service, 

A friend of mine gave me your outstanding web site address. I would like to know if you can be of any help to me for the Green Card application.

I am currently a post-doctoral researcher working on Alzheimer's Disease research at good university in NY. I would like to purchase your do-it-yourself package for Green Card, however, I would like to know which is the more appropriate filing category for me. 

I am attaching my CV for your evaluation and recommendation. Please let me know which category you feel would be the most appropriate/successful.

Thanking you. 


***** Email from Chen on 7/13/2009

Dear Greencardapply expert, 

Thanks for your help. I still have two things confusing me. For NIW, I will write RA as my current job. But part 6 of I-140 is about “Basic information about the proposed employment”. I don’t have a full time job offer yet, I am still a Ph.D. student.

In my cover letter, I focused on how my computation models has helped U.S. student education. You mentioned “But if you mention it in your cover letter, it still must be in US nation interest”. My model helping U.S. student education is in the U.S. interest. However, I didn’t explicitly say finding job at a non-U.S. student-education field in my cover letter. 

Would it be a visa problem for me if I do find a position at a non-U.S. student-education field after I filed my petition, for example a computer science researcher at IBM or a quantitative researcher at Wall Street? If so, how can I prevent it?

***** Email from Bitumen on 7/5/2009

Dear Sir,

First of all, thanks for keeping a excellent web site and helping people like myself. I am currently working as a postdoctoral fellow in a non-profit organization. please take a look and advice me on my situation. I am currently on a H1B and have been working for past 6 months, I have a 2 year old daughter who was born here in the USA. 

I completed my PhD. from university of Texas in chemistry and currently have 8 publications in good journals. Please advice if I can apply for green card and in which category. I really appreciate your time and help.

Thanking you.

***** Email from Aziz on 6/25/2009

Dear William,

I would like to thank you for your wonderful service. I have found your website very helpful. 

I have a firm in Dubai from 2004 and I am interested in registering our branch in the U.S. and get an L1 visa for me and L2 for my family. I have doctorate degree and have 10 years experience in international commerce. I am owner and also managing director of the firm in Dubai at the moment. I am the only shareholder with 100% ownership.

Can I be eligible for L1 after registering our branch in the U.S. and then applying for L1 for me as the manager of the U.S. branch? If your answer is positive then we can go for details.

Best regards,

***** Email from Bhalla on 6/17/2009

Dear Sir/Madam, 

I am residing in USA on J-1 visa and would like to apply for my J1 waiver, and also wants to change my visa status, I have gone through you website which attracts me to write this email to you to get more info and clarification on the same...

Please help me applying for the J1 waiver and change the visa status or get a green card? Let me know if you really do, I would really appreciate and start my procedure ASAP.

Thank you very much in advance for your kind reply. 

***** Email from Singh on 6/3/2009

Dear William,

Thank you for the wonderful service you provide. I am very interested in your Do-it-yourself-packages. I want to ask you if I am qualified for EB1-EA application.

I am an PhD candidate in Agricultural and Resource Economics in a top US school in the field. I have already a Doctorate in Economics from an Italian University and I have a publication on a top Journal in my field; I have another paper submitted and a couple of book chapters.

I was thinking to apply for a green card claiming Extraordinary Ability or Outstanding Researcher qualification. Given my Italian Doctorate, and my publication record, is it possible to obtain a Green Card before completing the American PhD? If so, could you please expose or direct me to some good information source relating to my concern. Any advice would be deeply appreciated.

Thank you in advance.


***** Email from MinLin on 5/27/2009

Dear customer service,

My friend gave me the reference to your website and I found it very professional and informative. I'm going to get the Complete Do-It-Yourself Package, but I am not sure which one to choose. 

The EB1-OR category will be applicable for me, because my university will provide a letter stating an intent to hire for permanent position, something they have done in the past successfully with many post-doctoral researchers. 

In this light please let me know the best category for me. My current research on alzheimer's disease is funded by the national institutes of health, through my post-doctoral advisor.

I am attaching a detailed CV for your evaluation. Again I appreciate your advice. 

Looking forward to your reply soon, Thank you.

***** Email from Kaylan on 5/14/2009

Dear William,

Thanks a lot for your quick and detailed reply. 

I am not sure I can apply under the NIW category. My dissertation is about the economic analysis of the collapse of lobster fishery. I got the data from a State agency, and I had to sign a non-disclosure document. They are very strict about the data. However, I haven't received any funding for this research, and I am not sure this research is in U.S. "National Interest ".

I have noticed that most of the successful applicants had five or more publication in peer reviewed journals. So far, I have only three. I guess this is why you said I need really strong letters of recommendation.

Thanks again.

***** Email from Sneh on 5/5/2009

Dr William,

With the recommendation from my friend for your superb service, I am interested in "do-it-yourself" package for green card application. But I am not sure which category is the fastest and best for me. 

I am not US resident and I have company in my home country. I plan to open branch office in USA and to apply for EB-1C visa as executive officer of the company. Can You please provide me with the answers on the following:

    1) With EB-1C visa I will get permanent residence in US. What is procedure of getting Green card after this? Exactly, after what period of time can I apply for Green card?

    2) On what period of time EB-1C visas are issued in this case (I mean on visa validity)?

    3) Does the opening of branch office in US requires something special, like number of employees, office space (can the office be placed in private apartment) etc. or just the branch office need to be opened formally with right papers?

Thank You,

***** Email from Raj on 4/29/2009

Dear William,

I have already received I-140 approval in June of 2008. I had applied for I-485 in July 2008 and is pending. The application was in the EB1-EA Category with help of your excellent do-it-yourself EB1-EA package!. 

When I apply for the 3 year extension based in I-140 approval since more than 365 days, what forms do I need to fill out with the application for H1-B? On I-129, there is nothing that asks for I-140 approvals? How does USCIS know this if they don’t have a field on the entire form to get this information? 

I am curious if there is a supplemental form that one needs to attach to the application? 

Please respond at your earliest.


***** Email from Wu on 4/15/2009

Dear William,

Greetings. I came by your extremely useful and informative website. I want to apply for my Green Card at the earliest, but keep getting different opinions from different people, so I am confused as hell now!

I am from China, and I am currently working as a Research Associate on H1B visa in a university's Health Science Center. I would like to apply for Green Card, I have a Master's in Biotechnology from a university at Boston, I wanted to know if I can apply for Green Card, because somebody told me that it is easy to apply for a Green Card if you have a PhD, rather than a MS? 

I am attaching my resume for your review.

Best Regards.

***** Email from Park on 4/2/2009

Dear William:

I hold a J1 visa. I work as a research associate in New Jersey. I have a query with respect to Green Card application. I am very interested in buying your do-it-yourself package for applying for a Green Card. 

I have obtained the J1 waiver to the two year homeland rule (Section 212 e). I would like to apply for a Green Card in the Outstanding Researcher category (EB1). I want to know if I am eligible to do so. My current contract is till August, 2009. Is there a minimum requirement on valid work permit to apply for a GC? 

Also, my employer will not sponsor my green card, since I am not a full time faculty there. I need to sponsor myself. I would like to know what are the chances of my application being accepted in these circumstances. Please see the attached Resume.

Thanks and Regards.

***** Email from Anand on 3/23/2009

Dear Sir,

Thank you for answering my previous doubts. And I finished reading all the package DIY package of Multinational Executive or Manager. and it's really helpful, very detailed and rich and its content! I'm very satisfied with my purchase! 

I would just like to ask only one more question at this time: Since I read that it's possible to file the I-140 and I-485 concurrently, under the new regulations of USCIS, can I also file the form I-485, any time after I file form I-140 to the appropriate Service Center, or does it have to be exactly at the same time of filing? 

The reason for this doubt it's because I am not going to have enough time to provide all the documents and translations as well, in order to prepare to file for adjustment of status. So to be more specific in that question, can I file form I-485 for example 1 month or even 2 months after filing I-140, considering that the VISA DATES are CURRENT, for the Multinational Executive or Manager employment-based category ?

Thank you again for all your help,

***** Email from Kristina on 3/14/2009

Dear William.

I have purchases the package of NIW, and I self petitioned a EB2 NIW. I filed a I-140 Form in January and my case still pending. I work for the USDA based in New York State, and would like to know if I can move to another USDA Institute based in Illinois. 

The employer would be the same but different units. The job position and title is the same. I would be working in the same area of expertise however in different projects.


***** Email from Arun on 3/3/2009

Dear Dr William,

First, I thank you in advance for your time and excellent web site for helping many new immigrants. I am in H1B visa. My visa ends in July. I recently completed a PhD and working as a visiting assistant professor. I got an offer as tenure-track assistant professor in another institution.

I have to transfer my H1B to the other institution (though it is only for 4 months). Next I have to extend my H1B to another institution for 3 years. After that, I have to apply for Green Card. Is this order correct?

My question is, can I apply for the Green Card first and work without H1b visa? My new college is ready to sponsor, but I have to do all the paper work myself.

Thank you for your time again.

***** Email from Jia on 2/26/2009

Hello Customer Service,

I have applied for Green Card through company A on EB3 category – PERM process with the help from your "Complete Do-It-Yourself Package for PERM Labor Certification Application". I have applies for I-140 and I-485 and it has not yet been approved. I have my EAD card and advance parole.

I currently work for company B and have been with them for last 10 years. They are willing to apply for my Green Card under EB1, as I am on L1A. Can company B process my Green Card simultaneously? Is there a way I can transfer the current application (140 and 485 from company A) to company B?

Thanks and Best Regards,

***** Email from Bitumen on 2/12/2009


I am a post-doc at NIH, been post-doc in US about 5 years, have 1 7 publications, have officially reviewed papers, obtained several scholarships, have high profile recommendation letters, I want to use your "Complete Do-It-Yourself Package for for EB1-Extraortinary Ability". 

Does application signify dual intent and so impair TN renewal? If so, should I apply immediately after my next yearly TN renewal? Will a year be enough time? assuming I will use the "Complete Do-It-Yourself Package for for EB1-Extraortinary Ability". 

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

***** Email from Anota on 2/4/2009

Dear Greencardapply Service, 

How are you? I was a client of your service last year. Thank you very much for your help. I applied for NIW with your great help. The petition is pending at this moment. 

Currently, I am a graduate student at a university near Boston. My visa status is F-1. My entry visa to U.S. has expired. I recently got a job interview in Canada. The employer wants me to visit their office in Toronto next Monday. I learned that international students can come back to U.S. within 30 days after visiting Canada on an expired U.S. visa. 

In order to qualify for this automatic revalidation provision, though, I have to have "maintained and intends to resume nonimmigrant status". Would having a permanent resident petition pending may signal an intent to become an immigrant and may disqualify me from re-entering the US? 

Thanks a lot.

***** Email from Chen on 1/26/2009

Dear William,

Greetings. I am writing to enquire about the possibility of applying for a Green Card under EB1-Outstanding Professor. I have visited your very helpful web site many times. 

I currently hold a position as a “Visiting Assistant professor” in a liberal college. This is my second year in the 3 year appointment. I hold a H-1B visa.   am looking to see if there any options for me to apply for a Green Card. The college cannot sponsor me, because this is not a permanent position, and I am not sure if I qualify for the EB1 Outstanding Professor category.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Thanks and regards,

***** Email from Dhunna on 1/17/2009


I got valuable immigration information from your well designed web-site.

I am currently working as a postdoctoral fellow in a non-profit organization. please take a look the attached my resume, and advice me on my situation. 

I am on a H1B visa and have been working for past 6 months, I have a 2 year old daughter who was born here in the US. I completed my PhD. from a U.S. university in chemistry, and currently have 8 publications in good journals. Please advice if I can apply for Green Card and in which category. I really appreciate your time and help.

Thanking you.

***** Email from Kavi on 1/11/2009

Dear William,

I am interested in buying your do-it-yourself package for applying for a green card. I heard very positive things about your good service and excellent DIY Green Card application packages from a friend of mine, so I wanted to take this opportunity to ask few quick questions. 

I am an Electrical/Software Engineer in DC at FDA (Food and Drug Administration) Federal government. Now, although I was hired by my department for a civil service position, I am a Canadian citizen. So I have to get my TN1 renewed every year, which I find really annoying. I have a Bachelors in Electrical Engineering (from Canadian University on Scholarship) where I specialized in Software/Systems development. My Canadian employer actually had a contract with Fisher clinicals, so I would fly to Chicago regularly to deploy our biomed systems in their facility. 

So my question is please let me know what is the best course of action for me to obtain a green card. 


***** Email from Zhang on 1/3/2009


The information provided on your website is very impressive. I am interested in your "Complete Do-It-Yourself Package" of J-1 waiver.

I came to Phoenix on J -1 visa as a researcher last year. I want know how to apply for J-1 Waiver in my field. What is success rate in this category? What are documents required to file my application? I am interested in getting your package for J-1 waiver. Is everything I need in one package? If so which one do I order? 

Looking forward to hearing from you.

With best regards,


For All Your Immigration and Green Card Application Needs
EB-1A sample of reference letter graphic © Green Card Application Service, www.greencardapply.com